Watch for me this fall,
I have let go of the idea that my photography
style is not for everyone
But my style does deserve subjects,
I shouldn't be breaking myself. I have an inherit ability to capture life,
and this fall, its full force, watch for my website
30 July 2009
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 10:32:00 AM
27 July 2009
I decided to share my very personal space with you on a weekly basis by posting all the images that sit on my desktop before I toss them out and reasons why I have them... Should be a fun update!
1. I am trying to figure out how to do this heart effect on images!
2. My little sister Karlee took this on her Iphone and emailed me it before I posted it as my profile picture. Yes I'm single.. BE SURPRISED!
3. THE COLOURS ARE GORGEOUS and I'd eat this photo if it wasn't in digital format!
4. I finished a light series I did in Capital Reef, Utah and I was emailing some of them to my professors
5. I emailed my convert the only boy that has truly captured my heart and soul..so I thought. haha..but this picture is old and so is that story..moving on.
6. WE DO IT... I want in on this...NOW
7. Two of my favorite people were sealed last week, I photographed their proposal, more photos on facebook!
8. A TEEPEE FIND... ON MY BIRTHDAY
9. important to me
10. because u can, cuz I can too.
Thanks for visiting
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 1:08:00 AM
I'll be the grapes fermented,
Bottled and served with the table set in my finest suit
Like a perfect gentlemen
I'll be the fire escape that's bolted to the ancient brick
Where you will sit and contemplate your day
I'll be the waterwings that save you if you start drowning
In an open tab when your judgement's on the brink
I'll be the phonograph that plays your favorite
Albums back as your lying there drifting off to sleep...
I'll be the platform shoes and undo what heredity's done to you...
You won't have to strain to look into my eyes
I'll be your winter coat buttoned and zippedstraight to the throat
With the collar up so you won't catch a cold
I want to take you far from the cynics int his town
And kiss you on the mouth
We'll cut out bodies free from the tethers of this scene,
Start a brand new colony
Where everything will change,
We'll give ourselves new names (identities erased)
The sun will hear the grounds
Under our bare feet in this brand new colony
Everything will change, oOo oOo...
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 12:40:00 AM
26 July 2009
I haven't broken the clothing fast. I am experiencing feeling of weakness as I think about spurging... What is the purpose of a fast if all i do is return to same behavior.
There are a couple of articles that I do need in my closet but for some reason I am moving at a slower pace to get them.
I had intentions to buy something, I went to Down East Outfitters but they were closed at 8:15 on a saturday night?! was it a sign, then Kelsie and I headed to the local Savers where we found two amazing dresses for Kelsie, I will post pictures later this week...
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 5:30:00 PM
25 July 2009
My mom said my bedroom floor needs to be clean before she goes to the airport to pick up my dad.
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 4:22:00 PM
My birthday was glorious and I can not ask for more... Unless you want to donate a dollar to my camera fund!
I havent bought anything today...yet. I am cleaning my room, organizing clothing and I get to write a talk for sacrament tomorrow.
A purchase, I'm not tempted.. at least not at the moment!
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 3:50:00 PM
24 July 2009
today is my birthday, it is barely the b-day, 26 years ago my parents were pulled over by a policeman, on the way to deliver me and that is how it all began, to celebrate my birth, I have began by sitting in the doorway of the fridge and I fed myself and my dog Ryder watermelon bits, next celebratory event..SLUMBER.....
I went to the mall today and tried on shoes in my size and sunglasses too big.....
I saw a skirt I wanted and it looked so much like a skirt I already own, so later than evening I got out another important book in my life:
The lucky shopping manual!
Things will be better soon!
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 12:24:00 AM
22 July 2009
It started through inpsiration of someone else.
This seemed hard but now I need something small to build upon this goal I have executed!
I have been waiting 11 months, but I have been pleased with how I have felt along the path.
I BOUGHT THIS TONIGHT.... Because I am honestly nervous about shopping.
I need to be more domestic! Mom Help?! or anyone else out there that can sew!
Dear Clothing, Textiles and accesories,
I Have Loved You. I Do Love You. I Will Love You.
I don't want to be defined by clothing or a style... But I will tell myself as I exercise agency:
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 11:53:00 PM
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 11:49:00 PM
To break the fast...Maybe running shoes?
When you're out on the trail, you've got to be prepared for whatever comes your way. The adidas Kanadia TR 2 trail running shoe gets fast and furious with adiPRENE® high-impact cushioning, mud-shredding outsoles and a superbly ventilated design.
Air mesh upper for maximum ventilation
Perforated EVA tongue for lightweight comfort and breathability
EVA insole for comfort
adiPRENE® under the heel for superior cushioning at impact
adiWEAR® outsole offers the ultimate in high-wear durability
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 11:24:00 AM
21 July 2009
I walked in Dillards to see what my heart has been missing but it still feels sound, 11 months 3 weeks and 3 days since I bought clothes.
finding a reason to buy is easy but I want something classy.. any suggestions?
It seems the safety net is a black pencil skirt.. I'm having a harder time sleeping...
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 12:05:00 AM
20 July 2009
Five days.... five watches
The time has past....
Hourly sales have come and gone
But i am still alive, breathing
wondering how I made it this far.
I have actually six watches, I just got the batteries changed in them today, I don't think I need to break my fast with a wrist watch.
But I am wondering what wants me to purchase it??
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 2:47:00 PM
19 July 2009
THE FASHION FAST RULES
1. No purchases of new outerwear, clothes, shoes, or accessories EXCEPT:
-- stockings/ tights
2. Particular items cannot be requested as gifts nor can I direct anyone to purchase a wardrobe item for me.
3. Gifts and freebies can be accepted and kept.
4. There can be no exchanging of the gift or freebie, unless it is the wrong size or damaged.
5. Hand-me-downs should not be accepted unless they are framed as a gift.
6. All wardrobe items can be repaired, hemmed, dyed, or otherwise altered to provide variety.
7. Special occasions will not warrant a new outfit, unless I am requested as a bridesmaid and need to purchase a dress.
8. Should a wardrobe staple such as a white tank top or t-shirt become stained or damaged, it can be replaced. This only goes for necessities.
9. New clothing may be purchased if a situation arises where I cannot get home to access the things in my closet. This only includes extreme predicaments such as: if my luggage gets lost or delayed while traveling or my shirt gets thrown up on while riding the subway to work-- both of which, I sincerely hope, never occur.
10. Borrowing items from other people is permitted. Permanently expanding my wardrobe is not.
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 5:51:00 PM
17 July 2009
03 July 2009
Posted by J.lee Hansen at 1:03:00 PM