11 January 2009

FAVOR... I WANT IT...in my own eyes

We set goals when we are feeling need to improvement. We change the food we eat and we may even speed up the pace we walk. Amongst these changes we strive for our potential to increase. Amongst these changes we have our exemplar that grew in light and knowledge as he aged. Line upon line.
We can't lose 20 pounds unless we prepare to lose 2. It may sound crazy but the Savior grew in stature as He exercised obedience. So it is with resolutions, our obedience and commitment to the goals will give us success.
Secret, through efforts of obedience I have sinned and fallen short, repented and try again.

The biggest lose we give ourselves is giving up.
There were four categories the Savior progressed in and I choose to follow those:

Grow in Wisdom

1- Keep a zero balance on line of credit and credit cards.
a. must have a list of what I need on paper before going to the store.
b. weekly listing needs and wants and discussing the importance of each with anyone interested.


2- Plan for the BFA application FEB. 18. 6-12 pieces.
a. consider all work created and prepare myself emotionally to be critiqued
b. Be willing to go to professors for advice.
c. Keep a notebook or camera to keep ideas of new creative ideas.


3- Continue clothing fast- maybe trade clothes with others.
a. Pick out outfits more to eliminate the need for clothing.
b. organize fabric and patterns and begin sewing projects.

4- Read The Kolob Theorom, Jesus the Christ, The Great Apostasy, Broken Things to Mend, 7 others, 12 for the year.
a.accomplished by Sunday schedule

5-Keep a daily journal in a organized manner
a. Record resolution goals to keep track,, and naturally words will be written.



Grow in Stature

1-Eat veggies everyday and focus on getting them in for breakfast.
a. get to know vegetables and how my body respond.
b. try all veggies availbable to me in this region.



2-Lose 2 lbs. a week by eating green and water. unless BMI weight is met.
a. 2.2 liters of water



3- Learn home repairs
a.new window for bathroom
1- save money
b.new sliding glass door



Favor with God

1-Read the scriptures twice daily
a. plan time for specific studying.
1- read, ponder, pray, repeat.

2-Pray at least twice daily on my knees, out loud
a. plan time

3-Fast for 24 hours during fast Sunday.
a. expand the reasons for fasting

4-Memorize more scriptures
a. any referrals?

5-Plan out sundays so I dont sit around

6-Attend the temple twice a month - ward temple night + initiatory



Favor with Man

Send thank you cards once a week- Sunday activity



Get updated contact info on ALL my converts and have monthly contact with them…. Prefer physical letters

2 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

You are one amazing person!!! That all sounds like very worthwhile goals! I hope you meet every single one!!

I am so in for a card party... you just have to tell me what it is! My email is lukerinhall@gmail.com

Blake and Kacie Bennett said...

Hey girlie...sounds good, you are a good inspiration, I think I will copy you! I was just thinking of you today! I got called to Primary Chorister -YiKeS!- I need another pep talk on shyness from you!